Convention Center Renovation
As of June 21st, 2019 this is the most updated information we have regarding the MCCC Renovation. However, due to the unpredictable nature of contruction, some content may be subject to change. All information provided henceforth has been taken and provided by the MCCC website regarding venue construction.
We are excited to announce that renovations at the Memphis Convention Center are finally underway! Our goal is to give you as much advanced notice as possible when changes occur. With this in mind, we invite you to visit this webpage for the most up-to-date information about the renovation. Thank you for your patience while we make improvements to the Memphis Convention Center!
- Effective March 9th, the escalators that travel between P1 (South Hall Lobby) and the East Concourse will be inaccessible. Two of the South elevators will be available at all times to take passengers to all parking levels and Level 2.
- Effective March 11th, South Hall and the parking level (P1) will be under construction, and the West entrance ramp will be closed until further notice. Parking is still available on the levels below (P2 – Green, and P3 – Orange). Vehicles taller than 6’1”, which cannot access the P2 or P3 parking, may park in the Front Street parking lot north of the garage entrance.
- The Mezzanine level of the Convention Center has been removed and inaccessible.
- Mezzanine level connected the Sheraton Hotel to Convention Center via Skybridge Walkway.
- To access the garage, enter the East entrance ramp off of Front Street and continue down the spiral ramp to P2 or P3.
- Ground level access to the elevators is scheduled to reopen early September 2019.
- We have designated alternate entrances where you can access the closest elevators or escalators to reach your desired level. Please follow the routes indicated below and on the map.
To access the Second Level (Ballrooms, Exhibit Hall, Meeting Rooms 201-205):
- When entering from parking levels P2 and P3, ride an elevator up to level 2 (press ‘2’ in the elevator).
When entering from Main Street:
- Option 1: Ride the escalator up to level 2.
- Option 2: Enter the ADA entrance from the corner of Front Street and Poplar Avenue (adjacent to large metal sculpture). Ride the elevator to level 2 (press ‘2’ in the elevator).
- Option 3: Enter the Cannon Center lobby, head towards the west elevator, and ride the elevator to the Mezzanine level (press ‘2’ in the elevator). Next, exit right onto the Morgan Keegan Lobby and go through the double glass doors to enter the Convention Center. Follow the signs to the meeting spaces.
Starting on April 23, 2019, the Sheraton Hotel/Memphis Convention Center trolley stop will be closed due to convention center renovation construction along Main Street. Passengers needing to embark or disembark at or near the Sheraton Hotel/Convention Center will be able to do so temporarily at the corner Exchange and Main, immediately adjacent to the closed trolley stop. The temporary stop at the corner of Exchange and Main will be ADA accessible. The existing Sheraton Hotel/Convention Center trolley stop will be closed through July 14, 2019.